Nov 12, 2008

A Statement from Google on Outbound Links

I would imagine that inbound links still have more weight, but it's good to see that outbound links get some cred. For bloggers, this is big. Yes, I need inbound links, but since this blog is an unpaid venture, I also need to spend my time on things that make me money.

From the office of Google:


...Relevant outbound links can help your visitors.
  • Provide your readers in-depth information about similar topics
  • Offer readers your unique commentary on existing resources
Thoughtful outbound links can help your credibility.
  • Show that you've done your research and have expertise in the subject manner
  • Make visitors want to come back for more analysis on future topics
  • Build relationships with other domain experts (e.g. sending visitors can get you on the radar of other successful bloggers and begin a business relationship)....
The key is in the word "thoughtful".

No comments: